Weight Loss Progress

Saturday, December 31

10, 9, 8 ...

I took a quick gander at my post of one year ago, and here were my knitting goals for 2005:
1) to knit my first sweater (to be cast on soon)
2) to knit a pair of socks
3) to knit something from SnB (on the needles now)
4) to knit a pair of mittens
5) to stop being afraid to try new things and to just jump right in with both needles!

How did I do? Well:
1) Still haven't cast on for my first sweater.
2) Knit 7 pairs of socks this year and still have 3 pair on the needles, to be finished any moment now. I LURVE knitting socks!
3) Finished the Big Bad Baby Blanket from SnB.
4) Knit 1.5 pairs of mittens.
5) Not as afraid to try new knitting things, after all, it's just yarn!

Before I get to the '06 knitting goals, here are some of my accomplishments and things I learned through my '05 knitting:

1) It won't knit itself - there are no knitting gnomes that will finish projects for me - I actually have to pick up the needles and knit.

2) Breakdown of what I knit (actual FOs) this year:

  • 22 pairs of preemie booties
  • 14 scarves
  • 7 pairs of socks
  • 6 purses or tote bags
  • 6 hats
  • 3 beaded bracelets
  • 2 shawls
  • 1 pair of mittens
  • 1 baby blanket
There are still a number of items on the needles, but alas, they aren't finished yet.

3) New techniques learned:
  • I-cord bindoff
  • Magic loop
  • Socks (and all that go along with knitting them)
  • Mittens
  • Kitchener stitch
  • Felting
  • Disguising the jog when changing colors
  • Knit steeks
  • Crochet
  • Circular cast-on
  • K2tog bind off
  • Double knitting
There may be one or two others that I can't think of right now, but not too shabby, if I do say so myself!

Okay - I don't particularly like resolutions, I'm more about goals. So, here are my knitting goals for '06:

1) Knit a sweater - I'm awaiting the arrival of the yarn so I can cast on for a sweater for my former BIL's first child (due in February).
2) Knit more socks, particularly for myself.
3) Get back to my charity knitting - I don't feel like I did nearly enough this year.
4) Knit more things for myself in general - most of what I knit, I gift.
5) Start the SSCP knitting much earlier - September wasn't quite early enough this year.

This year, I wish the same things for you as I did last year:

As the ball drops and we count down the seconds to the New Year, I hope you each find peace, happiness, abundance and joyful knitting.

Happy New Year!