Weight Loss Progress

Wednesday, December 19

Hello ... is this thing on?

I'm here ... I'm there ... I'm everywhere. Or at least it feels that way sometimes.

Much has been happening at the Casa de Bling. Again, in no particular order, I'll try to get you up to speed.

~ My lifestyle changes continue. I'm down a total of 20 pounds. When I started this venture, I was wearing a size 14 pants and they were getting too tight. Today, I'm wearing an 8!!!! I'm so proud of myself. I'm not fanatical about what I eat ... I eat what I want and what I like. I'm just careful. I've stopped drinking a latte every morning for breakfast. I've also cut WAY BACK on my McD's Large Sweet Tea consumption (I was drinking 1 or 2 of those each day - Yikes!). Because of scheduling issues, I haven't made it it a Zumba class yet, but I still want to go. I'm hoping to get into that after the 1st of the year.

~ My sis-in-law and I went to Vegas last month. All I can say is .... WOW!!!!! We had such a good time. For one thing, it was the 1st time she and I have gone anywhere just the two of us. We really enjoyed traveling together and spending time with each other. I promise another post soon with details about what we did and what we saw ... well ... as many details as I can share. It was Vegas ... and what happens in Vegas ... well, you know the rest.

~ I've been knitting. I have 3 WIPs on the needles right now: the Lenore Socks and 2 scarves. I know you aren't going to believe this, but ... there are no SSCPs this year! I hear the collective gasp. I know ... how can I not be a slave to the SSCP deadline? I've got to tell you, it's kind of a relief.

I know this is a short post and it's been so long since I've posted, but I've got to get back to getting ready for the holidays. Christmas is, after all, less than a week away. And even without SSCP knitting, there's still lots to do!