Weight Loss Progress

Monday, December 31

New Years Eve 2007

It's that time of year again ... a glance back and then looking to the future. As you may recall, I didn't really set any "goals" for 2007. My hopes were to keep knitting and keep learning ... and more hand-knit socks.

I definitely kept on knitting. And the FOs for 2007, in no particular order:

Fiddlehead Scarf (Morehouse Farms)
Bella Scarf (Knit Picks)
2 Ponchettes ('07 PatternADay calendar)
Zud Hat (Dulaan Project)
2 Baby Hats
2 Bunny Blanket Buddies (Lion Brand)
Fur-Cuffed Stocking (Lion Brand)
Mistake Rib Scarf (Monet)
Baby Hoodie (Knitting Pure & Simple)
2 Multi-Directional Scarves
Soleil (Knitty)
Glace / Chinchilla Scarf (Knitting Sisters, Williamsburg VA)

And knowing my love for hand-knit socks, I'm sure you'll agree that they get their own category:

Jaywalkers in Austermann Step (MagKnits)
Baby Cable Socks in Regia Bamboo (Sensational Knitted Socks)
Inside Out Socks in STR Med Weight (Feb 2007 STR Rockin' Sock Club)
Herringbone Eyelet Socks in Cascade Fixation (Finally Waking Up)
Grasshopper Socks in STR Silkie (Apr 2007 STR Rockin' Sock Club)
Lightweight Stockinette Socks in KP Dancing (Knitting Pure & Simple)
Solstice Slip in STR Light Weight (June 2007 STR Rockin' Sock Club)
Lenore Socks in STR (October 2007 STR Rockin' Sock Club)

I had an unofficial goal of a pair of socks per month, but didn't quite make it. That's okay ... there's always 2008!

There was lots of learning going on too. A couple of things I've previously learned about knitting that still hold true: It won't knit itself - there are no knitting gnomes that will finish projects for me - I actually have to pick up the needles and knit. And it's just yarn.

Here's a look at some of the things I know now that I didn't know last year:

Short row toe up socks
Short row heel
Backward loop cast on
Crochet
Sewn bind off
Aran Sweater from the Top Down

There may be one or two others that I can't think of right now, but not too shabby, if I do say so myself!

I also continued taking over the world one knitter at a time sharing the joy and relaxation of knitting by teaching others to knit. I helped bring a hooker crocheter to the knitting side; I encouraged DD#2 to continue to learn new techniques (she's working on a pair of baby socks ... I'm SO proud!); and I taught a newbie to knit via prayer shawls.

Once again I wish the same things for you as I did last year: As the ball drops and we count down the seconds to the New Year, I hope you each find peace, happiness, abundance, joyful knitting and more hand-knit socks. Happy New Year!