Weight Loss Progress

Friday, July 28

FOs, WIPs, SSCPs, ISO, WTF *

You want acronyms? We got your acronyms!

I did it ... I finished my Clapotis!!! I'm so excited and pleased with how this turned out. Even though it's eleventy-billion degrees outside and the humidity is 864%, I wore it to work Wednesday as a kind of poncho thingie. I did a few extra repeats of the straight section because I wanted it long. Well, it's definitely long ... when I hold it up, it's "taller" than me! I got lots of compliments on it. This was one of the most satisfying things I've ever knit. I know I've said it before, but the fabric has the most incredible drape - it's like liquid. The color is beautiful. And The Clap is just so versatile!



And here it is with a close-up of my beautiful shawl closure. It's hand-made and clear glass with little white "flecks" on one side. I bought the closure at MdS&W.



And no, your eyes aren't deceiving you ... Soleil is once again listed as "In the Rough" on the sidebar. I don't know if you recall, but I started that in April 2005 and frogged it this past February (I had misplaced the pattern so had no idea where I was or what my progress/size notes were). So, Tuesday night I sat down and cast on again. I'm almost done with the lace pattern. This is such a pleasant item to knit. I'm totally enjoying it.



I'm also working on the SSCP list. I have already done 4 of I don't yet know how many items and have a 5th on the needles.

If anyone has a great pattern for kids socks, let me know. I'd like to do a pair for each DD (ages: 15, 10, 6) and Nieces (9, 3yo) again this year.

And on a final note ... have you seen this? All I can say is WTF?!?!

* Do you know what they all stand for? Just for fun, leave a quick comment with your answers.