Weight Loss Progress

Friday, February 10

Let the Games Begin

Today is the Opening Ceremonies for the Olympics. Very exciting. The pantry is stocked and the materials are at hand. I'm all set - ready to go. The family has been warned, er, prepared. Since I've been talking a LOT about the Olympics lately, I've been asked several times what my favorite event is and I answer "Why, lace knitting, of course! " Then there's a moment of silence and they look at me with confusion. "Oh - you're talking about the Olympics in TORINO - Oh, sorry, I've been focused on the Knitting Olympics." Doh!

Even though I'm at work today, I will be casting on at the official start time for the Knitting Olympics - 2pm. I brought the yarn and the needles. Fortunately, I can take a quick break at 2pm to begin - my pattern has a cast on of 2 stitches! Yeah!!!! Then I'll race home and the madness games will begin!!!

With all the info available about the Olympics, I found this ...

The Olympic Creed:

The most important thing in the Olympic games is not to win but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered, but to have fought well.


That's pretty deep, eh? I like the way it sounds and what it means.

Ask me what I think about it again in, oh say, about 2 weeks. And, send alcohol!