Weight Loss Progress

Sunday, October 30

Gimme a break

What can I say? I needed a breather ...

I've been working fast and furious on the SuperSecretChrissiePressie (SSCP) list, but SSCP #9 is currently at the very slow going, dragging out and taking forever 1:1 ribbing. A whopping 6 1/2 inches of it! And SSCP #8 is beating the crap out of me with a million miles of i-cord. So, what's a girl to do? Cast on for a pair of socks for none other than MOI! After 4 pairs in Socktoberfest for others, I thought I was entitled, and frankly overdue for a pair for myself. (Hey Lolly - since I cast on for these on 10/30, do they still count for Socktoberfest?)

I'm making the Women's Cable Socks from Inspirations Yarn. This was their Sock Surprise Kit #3 and am loving the pattern and the yarn. I can see more of their sock yarn in my future!

I'd like to get these finished PDQ so I can wear them this weekend at the Knitters Review Retreat at Graves Mountain Lodge. This is my first retreat and I'm so excited!!!! I'm taking Friday off from work so I can take my time driving up in the late morning. On Saturday I'll be taking a "Crochet for Knitters" class. Keep your fingers crossed that the class works for me - because I don't know how to do anything except chain stitch.

I must bid you adieu for now as I need to get back to the needles if I hope to have these loverly socks finished for their inaugural wearing this weekend. Ciao!