Weight Loss Progress

Monday, January 24

MIA

I know, I've been remiss in posting. Sorry. It's been a very cold, crazy, kinda sick few days.

Wednesday I started getting a cold, but had a llloooonnnnnggg day at work - began at 7:45 a.m. and ended with a dinner event around 9:00 p.m. Even though I wasn't feeling 100%, I coordinated the dinner for 32 people, so I needed to be there. Wednesday also brought the first round of winter weather ... snow. I got home, hit the Nyquil bottle and went to bed.

Thursday I went to work but still wasn't feeling great and my 2 oldest DD's were out of school because of the weather. Thursday brought round 2 ... more snow. Again, I hit the Nyquil after work and went to bed.

Friday morning I got up and couldn't breathe. I was miserable. School was cancelled again so I stayed home with the girls.

Friday night didn't bring more bad weather, but it did bring the birth of my friend's son! John was born at 11:28 p.m., weighing in at 9 lbs, 3 oz! I've got to get that baby blanket finished - pronto!!

Saturday brought more bad weather - this time in the form of ice. I still wasn't feeling much better but at least I could breathe again.

Sunday we hung around the house and I got some knitting in. I only have about 15 rows to go on the Big Bad Baby Blanket for John.

This morning, school is still out (secondary roads are still icy) and I still don't feel well. I feel better than I did, but still not great. So, we've been taking it easy. Watching movies, drinking hot cocoa (for the kids) and hot tea (for me) and I've gotten some knitting done.

Look what I won on eBay:



Aren't they scrumptious?!?! I can't wait til the mailman delivers this yummy fibery goodness to me!