Weight Loss Progress

Wednesday, January 19

It's cold out - Put your scarf on!

As I mentioned the other day, it's been rather cold here lately. Cold enough that my friend, Tami, has asked a couple of times about the status of her scarf. Well, I finished it last night. Here it is in all it's Lion Boucle' and Fun Fur glory!

I love these - they work up so quick!

Last night was Knit Nite at the library with From the Heart. Lois, our fearless leader and founder of the group, was MIA. She was at the Atlee Library starting up a new group - we're growing by leaps and bounds!

My mom joined us last night after her class. It was really cool to knit with her and I hope she'll be able to come again in the future. My kids got a kick out of Grandma being there too - they didn't expect to see her.

As you can tell by "In the Rough" on the sidebar I haven't worked on the Pink Beaded Socks lately. I've been trying to get the Big Bad Baby Blanket finished. I expect to have it done this weekend. Once it moves to "Bling Bling!" with the other FO's, I'll go back to the socks.

And now for your local weather - well, actually my local weather - here's Amy Cara from NBC12 ...

Dangerous Travel
The snow continues to move eastward and is now mainly east of I-95. It came down and left about an inch to an inch and a half on the ground across the region and is making for very dangerous driving conditions. We have numerous reports of accidents throughout Central Virginia.Once this band exits the coast, we should see decreasing clouds overnight.
Thanks Amy - we'll check back with you later, particularly for potential closings. Okay bloggers and knitters and knitbloggers - I could really use a snow day tomorrow so keep your fingers, toes and needles crossed for me!