Weight Loss Progress

Friday, December 31

That was then ...

... this is now.

As the year draws to an end, I'm finding myself in deep reflection. I went into 2004 with no concrete goals and guess what ... no goals = no accomplishments. What have I learned? Goals are necessary - I may not achieve them, but without setting them, I won't know if I'm even headed in the right direction.

There were a lot of changes for me this year career-wise, financially and personally. I hope there will be more changes in 2005 - but more that I direct and choose.

In one short year, my knitting skills and experience have definitely taken a turn in the right direction. I spent the first 20+ years of my knitting life making baby blankets. I spent 2003 making fuzzy scarves. 2004, though, saw me step outside my knitting box and try new things. I knit hats for chemo patients, cotton facecloths for holiday gifts, and beaded bracelets for gifts and to sell. I've developed a new level of confidence in my knitting and I'm ready to learn more.

I won't go into detail about most of my goals here, afterall, this is about knitting. So I will share some of those goals with you:

1) to knit my first sweater (to be cast on soon)
2) to knit a pair of socks
3) to knit something from SnB (on the needles now)
4) to knit a pair of mittens
5) to stop being afraid to try new things and to just jump right in with both needles!

As the ball drops and we count down the seconds to the New Year, I hope you each find peace, happiness, abundance and joyful knitting.

Happy New Year!