Weight Loss Progress

Monday, April 23

Happy Monday

Thanks to everyone for crossing everything you could cross and for your good thoughts about DD#1's condition. It worked ... Ex-DH was able to get us an appointment with the neurologist on Friday. We don't have any answers yet, but they are at least trying to figure out what's going on. We have a plan and hopefully something will show up that explains these episodes. Thankfully, she hasn't had another.

I owe you a few photos so here ya go:

These are the socks I finished last week (?). They are made of Regia Bamboo ... LOVE IT!!! The pattern is the Baby Cable Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlotte Schurch. I can't wait to do more patterns from that book and I'm hoping to get her next book, More Sensational Knitted Socks.



Of course I had to get a new pair of socks on the needles right away ... I present Cascade Fixation in the Herringbone Eyelet pattern. These are fun to knit and I've gotten many compliments on them. These picture were taken Friday night ... I did a fair amount of knitting Saturday and have turned the heel on one sock and am on the heel flap of the other.



I didn't get much knitting done yesterday because I took a crochet workshop and practised that when I got home. Here's my first attempt:



Not too shabby, if I do say! The charity group I knit with, From the Heart, offered a workshop yesterday and I decided what the heck, I'd give it a try. There were about 30 ladies there - some had never held a crochet hook before, some with more experience. I knew how to chain stitch, but that was about it. I enjoyed it and am glad I learned to crochet. One of the ladies asked if I would convert from knitting ... NEVER! But it'll be nice to know how to crochet and even add crocheted edges to some of my items.

Crochet does go faster than knitting, so maybe I'll use that for some of my charity work ... crocheted hats and such. We'll see. Regardless, it's great to learn new things.