Weight Loss Progress

Thursday, March 8

More on Socks

And here's the progress after a few days ... I haven't done as much as I had hoped because I haven't been feeling the best, but I'm feeling much better now, so hopefully more knitting will happen!

I'm casting on for Sock#2 today with Friend - she didn't get her yarn until yesterday and I waited to be able to walk her through the cast on.

And because I know enquiring minds want to know: I'm knitting the medium size using US1 for the toe, heel and leg and US0 for the foot. Although, I'm considering doing the leg on US2. I haven't decided yet. I'll let you know.

To answer a few questions ...

From Mary: Are the purl bumps on the outside of the toe? Yes they are - the toe is knit in garter stitch! Totally cool!!!

From Courtney: Are you having trouble with the toe looking bulbous as the ribbing pulls the sock in tighter? I don't think so - it's slightly larger than the foot, but that's because a) the foot is knit on smaller needles; and b) the foot is ribbed which naturally draws the fabric in. I was also thinking that because I'm using #0 and #1 vs. #1 and #2 that you're using, that may have something to do with it too ... the difference in size from #0 (2mm) to #1 (2.25mm) is not as big as #1 (2.25mm) to #2 (2.75mm) needles. It's only a quarter mm difference on the smaller needles and a half mm on the bigger ones. Maybe - I don't know. I'm just thinking out loud here.

And to Joanne in Blustery Western New York: By all means, write me if you have any questions. I don't claim to have all the answers ::grins:: But I'm sure we can figure them out together!

Hi Rho!!! Hi Wannietta!!! Didn't want to leave you ladies out! Thanks for stopping by and the girls loved the compliments. And Rho, love the new blog name.

In other sock news ... DD#2 finished her first sock! I'll post a photo when she's completed the pair. I actually kitchenered the toe for her, but she'll do the kitchenering on Sock#2 herself. I had her cast on for Sock#2 immediately ... no SecondSockSyndrome here!

Ciao for now!