Weight Loss Progress

Wednesday, June 28

Bueller ... Bueller ...

I'm here! I'm here!

I know it's been a while - sorry. But I feel MUCH better, thanks for asking!

I've been knitting away ... I picked up The Clap again and am almost finished with the straight section. I decided to make it a little longer than the pattern called for, so I have a few more repeats of that before I start the decrease section. Since it doesn't really look any diff than the last time I showed you, I'll spare you the progress photo.

I've also started another pair of socks, but not the Rock and Weave socks from the STR club. I'll do them, I just wanted something simple for right now.

Lots of folks are doing socks right now, but that isn't really anything new. Margene linked to some ESKs (Emergency Sock Kits) that Cassie has made (and is selling, btw - go check 'em out!). Now I don't have anything that fancy, but I've got my own little ESK.

I found this really cool box:

Yes, it contained Strawberry Shortcake bandages. With 3 DDs I knew the bandages wouldn't go to waste. And yes, I bought it just for the box. I'm the mom, I can do that.

I'm sure you're wondering what's inside to transform this seeming innocuous bandage box into an ESK:

a tape measure, a yarn cutter, a little pen, some sticky notes and stitch markers. There's usually a small stitch holder as well, but it's currently on the SIP (Sock In Progress).

Whenever I'm working on a pair of socks, I make sure I have my little ESK with me and I know I have EVERYTHING I need to make my socks. Woo Hoo!!

Friend has been busy knitting too - here are 2 of her current WIPs:

That's the Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone scarf (in Gryffindor colors, of course!)

And this is Branching Out:


Since I was sick, I missed a couple of weeks of Knitting Group, so it'll be good to see everyone tonight!