Weight Loss Progress

Sunday, September 18

SP6 Questionnaire

Hey SP6 - this one's for you:

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I don't consider myself a yarn snob, but do believe I'm becoming one - who doesn't love a great high quality fiber?!? I definitely use Lion Brand and some Caron and Red Heart - but it has to be soft. I can't stand squeaky acrylics that leave that coating/film on my fingers - you know what I'm talking about!

2. Do you spin? Crochet? No and No. However, I want to learn both, particularly crochet.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) I'm allergic to cats, dust and mold.

4. How long have you been knitting? For over 25 years.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, I have an Amazon wish list.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) For candles I like "homey" scents: pumpkin pie, gingerbread, Fresh Grapefruit. For bath products I like clean smells: freesia and Cucumber Melon (from Bath & Body Works).

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Mmmm chocolate - especially milk chocolate with Heath Bar - Yummm!

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Cross-stitch, scrapbooking, some sewing.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like mostly Top 40/Pop, some Rap, R&B, Rock/Metal, and all things Yanni. And yes, MP3s are welcome here.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? My favorite color is purple, but I don't wear it. I also like blues and pinks. I'm what they call a "summer or cool" color person.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Single mom with 3 daughters (14, 8 and 4 yo). We have two pet turtles - Teenie and Tiny. They are red-ear sliders and only a couple of inches, not very big.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) To go back to college, to marry the man of my dreams (if you've seen him, tell him I'm still here, waiting) and to be the best mom I can to my girls. Oh, and to knit, knit, knit!

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? As previously mentioned in #1, all things soft!

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Please see #1.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? I don't think I really have an obsession with any ONE thing. I want to learn as much as I can. Lately, however, I've been a preemie-baby-bootie making nut. But now it's time to start on the SuperSecretChrissiePressies (holiday gifts).

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Can't say that I have a favorite, I've done baby blankets, scarves, ponchos, face cloths, hats, socks, shawls, and a pair of mittens.

17. What are you knitting right now? Morehouse Merino Farms shawl, booties for preemie babies, lapghan for chemo patient, Soleil. Did I mention SuperSecretChrissiePressies?!

18. What do you think about ponchos? I've done a few for my kids and my niece. I think I'm over them.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circulars, particularly Denise Interchangeables, but I have straights too, mostly for scarves and face cloths.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Bamboo or my Denise Interchangeables, which are resin. I would like to try onyx and rosewood.

21. Are you a sock knitter? I've knit 2 pair of baby socks so I could learn the techniques and get more comfortable with them. They turned out pretty good so I'm ready to start on bigger kids and adult sizes now.

22. How did you learn to knit? Self-taught from books and internet, but also got help/guidance from friends

23. How old is your oldest UFO? More than 2yo, it was a baby blanket for Niece#2, who is now 2 years old.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Eeyore and Thumper. I'm developing a fondness for sheep - go figure!

25. What is your favorite holiday? It's more like a favorite season ... from Thanksgiving to Epiphany.

26. Is there anything that you collect? Nativities, all things Eddie Izzard, cute sheepy things, Rose Chintz dishes by Johnson Brothers. Oh ... and ... yarn!

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Family Circle Easy Knitting and Interweave Knits.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? My book wish list changes as the mood strikes. There are a few on my Amazon wish list and I'll keep it updated as others present themselves.

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another?? I'd like to get my hands on a nice lace shawl pattern, but haven't found one yet.

30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like? I wear a size 7.5 to 8 shoe (but my foot measures {from tip of big toe to heel} 9.5 inches) and don't yet have a preference for kind of socks.