Weight Loss Progress

Saturday, January 29

For my SP4

If you aren't my Secret Pal, feel free to skip this post as it may bore you senseless. Otherwise, feel free to read on and learn a little more about yours truly!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- a nd/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I don't consider myself a yarn snob, but do believe I'm becoming one - who doesn't love a great high quality fiber?!? I definitely use Lion Brand and some Red Heart - but it has to be soft. I can't stand squeaky acrylics that leave that coating/film on my fingers - you know what I'm talking about!

2. Do you spin? Crochet? No and No. However, I want to learn both, particularly crochet.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) I'm allergic to cats, dust and mold ... and my ex-husband ... shhhh!!!

4. How long have you been knitting? For over 25 years.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, I have an Amazon wish list. Let me know if the link doesn't work.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) For candles I like "homey" scents: pumpkin pie, gingerbread, Fresh Grapefruit. For bath products I like clean smells: freesia and Cucumber Melon (from Bath & Body Works).

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Mmmm chocolate.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Cross-stitch, scrapbooking, some sewing.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like mostly Top 40/Pop, some Rap, R&B, Rock/Metal, and all things Yanni. And yes, MP3s are welcome here.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? My favorite color is purple, but I don't wear it. Clothing-wise I wear mostly black, but I also like blues and pinks. I'm what they call a "summer or cool" color person.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Single mom with 3 daughters (13, 8 and 4 yo). We have two pet turtles - Teenie and Tiny. They are only a couple of inches, not very big.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) To go back to college, to marry the man of my dreams (if you've seen him, tell him I'm here) and to be the best mom I can to my girls. Oh, and to knit, knit, knit!

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? As previously mentioned in #1, all things soft!

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Also as mentioned in #1, nothing squeaky.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? I don't think I really have an obsession with any ONE thing. I want to learn as much as I can.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Can't say that I have a favorite, I've done baby blankets, scarves, ponchos, face cloths, hats, mitten (yes, only 1 so far) and I've started a sock.

17. What are you knitting right now? Just finished the Big Bad Baby Blanket from SnB. Current WIPs: a mitten, a sock, scarf, hat, poncho.

18. What do you think about ponchos? I'm working on my 4th. I've done 2 for my 8yo DD and 1 for my 7yo Niece#1. Working on 1 for 13yo DD, then I'll do one for 4yo DD. Haven't done one for me - can't decide if I'd wear it.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circulars, but I have straights too, mostly for scarves and face cloths.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Bamboo all the way, but contemplating the purchase of the Denise Interchangeables.

21. Are you a sock knitter? I wanna be - working on my first pair.

22. How did you learn to knit? Self-taught from books and internet, but also got help/guidance from friends.

23. How old is your oldest UFO? About 2yo, it was a baby blanket for Niece#2, who is now 22 months old.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Eeyore and Thumper. I'm developing a fondness for sheep - go figure!

25. What is your favorite holiday? It's more a season ... from Thanksgiving to Epiphany.

26. Is there anything that you collect? Nativities, all things Eddie Izzard, Rose Chintz dishes by Johnson Brothers. Oh ... and ... yarn!