Weight Loss Progress

Tuesday, October 26

What a Ride!

Where has the time gone? November is NEXT WEEK!

I only have 2 or 3 more rows to knit on dd#2 birthday poncho, then assembly. (I had hoped to have a battery for the digital camera by now so I could post pictures. Hopefully I'll have it this weekend.)

Speaking of weekends ... I got a fair amount of knitting in Saturday, but not on the poncho. My mom, sil (who also happens to be my bestest friend in the world) and I took dd#3 and my two nieces (7 yo and 1.5 yo) to the Kids Expo - they had a ball. I worked on a ribbed hat during drive time. Then sil and I were going to dinner at PF Changs but because I forgot to make reservations, had to wait an hour and a half for our table. Of course I worked on the hat while waiting. (BTW, it was worth the wait! But next time, I'll make reservations.) After dinner, we went to see Ron "Tater Salad" White. He's one of my fave comedians. We had a total blast!

I had a little time Saturday afternoon to stop in a relatively new LYS - Unraveled. These ladies are the greatest. They helped me take the plunge and .... buy yarn to make a sweater! Woo hoo! We're tiptoeing on new terrain here. I'm glad you're all along for the ride!

Speaking of rides ... Friday night will be a wild one, I'm sure. Some wonderful ladies with From the Heart are coming to teach my Brownie troop how to knit! I have about 12 girls in the troop, ages ranging from 6-8 years old. This is going to be FUN!!! I picked up their knitting needles today. I'm really excited and I know the girls are too ... at the last meeting when I announced we would be learning to knit on the 29th, they CHEERED!!!! Friday evening we're going to teach them the basics (cast on, knit, bind off). They're going to do a scarf for their fave stuffed animal. Then about once a quarter, or so, we'll have them knit at the meeting. We're going to use this as a community service project - they'll knit 9" squares that I'll take to From the Heart to be assembled into afghans. I will definitely take pix of the Brownies knitting and post them here. (Carrie - bring the digital camera!)

So ... fasten your seat belts and enjoy the ride!