Weight Loss Progress

Sunday, October 17

Welcome ...

Hello and welcome to my world.

I've been knitting for more than 25 years. I taught myself, and for MANY of those 25 years, all I knit were baby blankets. Last year around Thanksgiving Day, I was bit by the fuzzy scarf bug. Between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I knit 18 scarves to give everyone for Christmas presents.

After that, I knew I had to find other things to knit ... after all, how many scarves can my children and I have?!? (Yes, that's a rhetorical question. Besides, I have one to match each of my 4 coats so I don't think I need any more - yet!)

I found a group of women who knit for chemo patients. This was just what I needed. This wonderful group of women (appropriately named From the Heart) welcomed me and my limited experience with open arms. They've taught me to knit hats and are trying to teach me to crochet. This group consists of more than 75 knitters/crocheters and they meet at various places throughout the area, so I can usually connect with them at least once a month.

I'm currently working on a hat and lapghan for From the Heart, a baby blanket for my neighbor's soon-to-be-born daughter, a baby blanket for my best friend's soon-to-be-born son and a poncho for my daughter (who will be 8 in a few weeks). You would think this is enough to keep me busy, but no ... I've been eyeing a few sweater patterns. I've never ventured there before so LOOK OUT!

I can't wait to share my adventures with you ... in knitting as well as life.