Weight Loss Progress

Monday, August 6

Quiet Schmiet

I know things have been kind of quiet here at the House of Bling. I've been working a fair amount of overtime (for which I don't get paid ... gotta love being exempt!), busy with the kids and just all around tired and worn out! By the time I get home most evenings, I just want to sleep. I don't even have the energy to pick up the knitting needles.

I had started WeightWatchers online a month ago and did pretty well the first couple of weeks (down 5 pounds!). I was even doing the stationary bike or treadmill a couple of times a week. But then I went on a trip to Michigan for a wedding and the whole eating right thing kinda fell to the wayside. That said, I didn't gain any of the 5 pounds back (yeah me!!!). But now I'm trying to get back on track.

I joined the local knitting guild and signed up for their upcoming Arans from the Top-Down workshop with Beth Brown Reinsel - I'm totally excited and hoping that this will help get the knitting mojo flowing again. This definitely fits right in with my desire to continue learning to techniques and stuff.

Last night I finished my Solstice Slip socks (the June installment of the Rockin' Sock Club). Today I finished a scarf that I had set aside MONTHS ago to work on socks. But it's done now and I'm proud of that. Can't wait for the weather to turn cold again so I can wear it ... Cashmerino Chunky ... yummmm!

I think I'm going to pick Soleil back up and get through it while I'm waiting on the August Rockin' Sock Club shipment. I'd REALLY like to get Soleil finished while it's still warm out so I can wear it, but we'll see.

I'll try to get some FO-tos up in the next couple of days. Until then ...