Weight Loss Progress

Sunday, May 20

Happy Mother's Day

I know Mother's Day was last week, but I just have to share.

The day started with the girls fixing me a special breakfast of Special K cereal. It was special because I didn't have to fix it ... good enough for me!

Next, the girls gave me a new bead for my Pandora bracelet. They gave me the August birthstone since that's the month I became a mom.

I'll admit, I picked my gift and told DD#1 exactly what to get and where to go to get it. You do what you gotta do, right?!?

DD#3 gave me a coupon book with coupons good for things like cleaning her room, rubbing my back and snuggling with me ... the best gifts ever!

DD#2 then presented me with a poem she had written for me. As if this wasn't enough, she had the honor of reading it during the program her grade presented Thursday night at the PTA meeting. She received a wonderful response from the audience and brought me, and many others, to tears.

Here is her poem:

MY MOTHER
My mother's really pretty,
My mother's really sweet.
We play lots of fun games,
But it's she I cannot beat.
My mother's really smart.
My mother's funny too.
It is a miracle that I was born from you.
My mother's really good.
My mother's really kind.
I'm so happy that she is really mine.