Weight Loss Progress

Saturday, March 17

The Happenings

I can't believe it's been over a week since my last post. There has been much happening ...

The knitting of the socks:

These are the STR Rockin Sock Club "Inside Out" socks in the Monsoon colorway ... still lovin 'em. This pattern has had numerous 1sts for me ... 1st sock of the '07 Rockin Sock Club (okay sorry, that one was SO obvious), 1st toe-up, 1st using different sized needles for different parts, 1st short row toe. And did I mention how much I heart the way these socks are striping?!? Yummy!

The viewing of the art:

This is the artwork of DD#2 (purpley circular abstract) and DD#3 (bluish diamondy-triangular abstract). Their art teacher at school selected these pieces to exhibit at a local mall. Artwork from students all over the county was on display - each school was represented. We went to the opening and took lots of pictures. Daddy and Grandma came to see the exhibit too. The girls were so excited!

The meeting of the little girls:

This is Caroline and Betsy - the BEAUTIFUL daughters of friend and fellow knitter Maggi. Betsy just came into Maggi and Caroline's life in December, when they traveled to China to adopt her. She's such a happy baby - they make a beautiful family! Hi Girls!!!!

And the watching of the hoops:

This is my bracket. I'm holding my own against the guys at work. I finished the 1st round in 1st place, and halfway into the 2nd round I'm in 2nd place. Not bad for the girl that doesn't know jack about basketball! And before you ask, no, I didn't pick my teams based on the color of their uniforms. I don't even know what color any of them wear. BTW - I won the bracket last year!

But not so much of the posting lately ... sorry.