Weight Loss Progress

Tuesday, April 11

Knitting, walking and more knitting

I think I told you before that I was teaching one of the girls at work how to knit ... we're making progress! This is the pattern she chose, and the beginnings of a scarf:

This picture was taken a few weeks ago - she's actually about half way through. I wanted to give you a current progress shot, but I keep forgetting to take the camera to work. Doh!

Here's what she calls her "I'm concentrating" look while she's knitting:


A couple of weeks ago I walked in the Monument Avenue 10k (the 4th largest 10k in the country) with 20,000 of my closest friends, including the Easter Bunny, Wonder Woman and the Bush twins, Jenna and Barbara. I walked with a couple of friends and we finished in about 1 hour, 53 minutes - which wasn't too bad considering I did NO training leading up to the walk. In fact, the night before we went out dancing and drinking and only got about 3 hours sleep!

I really enjoyed the whole experience and am planning to do a couple more walks this spring. DD#2 is also interested in some of the kids' runs. This should be fun!

I've been working on my Socks That Rock socks. This is my first experience with STR and I'm at the toe decrease on the first sock of the pair. None of my LYSs carry it, so I joined the Sock Club (Woo Hoo!!) and I'm so glad I did. I totally love this yarn - I can't get enough of this stuff. I'd better get a move on ... my next shipment of STR is about a month away. Can't wait!!!