Weight Loss Progress

Monday, March 6

Life after the Olympics

Congrats again to all the Knitting Olympians - I think Stephanie summed it up best: "It takes a village to freak out non-knitters ... and there is strength in numbers." (Go here to read her entire post-Olympics post - very eloquently said.)

I'm glad I participated in this world-wide challenge. It was amazing to be a part of something so big and yet so personal at the same time. I still agree with the Olympic Creed: ... the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. This is so true.

Knitting has settled to a less frantic pace - or so I thought ... I have a baby shower to attend on Saturday. I started the Last Minute Simple Stripes sweater (there's a link over there - in the sidebar) but don't think I'll have it done in time. So, instead of a shower gift, I'll gift it when my new little cousin is actually born - that'll buy me a few extra weeks.

In other knitting news, a co-worker has asked me to teach her to knit. The pattern's been chosen and the yarn ordered. Hopefully we can start this week (if the yarn comes in). I'll keep you posted on how that goes.

In other news, I signed up to walk the Monument Avenue 10k. What the hell was I thinking? I told you I was a Lemming.